Wednesday

Parent Involvement Linky Party!

Mrs. Bee is having a Linky Party about Parental Involvement. There are already so many great ideas!



Being a special education teacher, I do not have a homeroom, so my parent contact is a bit different.

Good Notes or Happy Grams:
I send home good notes that I found on scholastic printables. I also just purchased some postcards from Vista Print yesterday to use as good notes. You can check out my post about them here.

Parent Contact Log:
I have a binder where I keep information on all parent contact. I made a new contact log a few days ago that you can find here.

Weekly Progress Report:
When I had a homeroom a few years ago, I sent home folders every Friday with papers from the week and a weekly progress report. This report included behavior and work habits for the week and had a place for comments. It also required a parents signature. Parents seem to like this so they could keep up to date on what was happening. I do not have a copy of this at home, but I have it on my school computer. If you would like a copy, send me an email and I will forward it to you. I will try to add it to this post tomorrow.

i-school: We have something called i-school in our district. Basically each teacher has a site linked to the main school website. The students must use a password and user id to access it. On this page I would include my homework, class room information, poems that we might be working on, important links for parents and lots of links for my students to use.

Remember to go check out Mrs. Bee's page and link up!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

I love to hear from the crew!