Wednesday

Earthquakes and Hurricanes, oh my!!

I started back to school last week and had a very interesting first two weeks. It started out last Tuesday when I was standing in the office. I was talking to my principle and the office staff, when all of the sudden the counter was doing the wave. I really thought I was having a moment... until I realized that everyone else felt it also. That was my first experience with an earthquake. We rushed and turned on the news and watched as people were evacuating buildings in D.C. Honestly, we never even thought about leaving the building.

As if that wasn't enough, later in the week we started to buckle down for Hurricane Irene. This also was a first for me. Hurricane Isabel came through our small town and did a lot of flood damage, however, that was before I moved to Virginia. We ended up having a mandatory evacuation so Chris and I took the boys on a mini vacation to the mountains. I can't think of a better way to spend a hurricane. We went to Luray Caverns. It was really a lot of fun and the boys thought it was neat to be walking underground.

Fast forward to this week.... yesterday I locked my keys in the car. I don't have a spare set and I don't have AAA. It was not good. Luckily, one of my fabulous co-workers used her AAA for me. I was amazed at the 30 seconds it took for the man to get my doors unlocked.

On a good note, today was open house. I got to meet my newest addition to the group and see how much my students have grown over the summer. I can't wait to get down to business with them next week. I love teaching!!

So how was your first few days/weeks back? Did anyone else have some exciting times?




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Just wondering if you have alot of Sailing themed things in your classroom. I love you banner and background with the pirate bird. I am trying a nautical theme this year but hard to find things. Always collecting and looking for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I actually have a monster themed classroom! I just fell in love with these graphics and decided I wanted to use them on my blog. They are from Scrappin' Doodles. She has some of the cutest graphics. There is a link in the left side bar or all the way on the bottom of the page if you want to check it out. Thanks for stopping by!!
    -Caitlin

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from the crew!