Tuesday

I love my job!

I love being a special education teacher. I have been teaching special education students for 6 years and would not trade it for any other area of teaching. Every day is different, challenging, and never boring. I have the privilege of celebrating all types of student achievements such as finally mastering all of the two times tables or learning how to eat with a fork. I also get to work with some of the best teachers around.
This summer, as I reflect on this past year, I realized that while I was teaching my students, they were also teaching me. They have taught me how to empathize, think on the spot, go with the flow, accept challenges, take a punch, and to treat every day as a gift. My students are always smiling and showing the world how proud they are to be part of it. This realization makes me want to work harder and more efficiently to be a more effective teacher. How am I going to accomplish this? I have not a clue. All I know is that I will spend every spare moment I have learning from my students, my children, and other teachers to keep the learning process going.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Randy Sue McKeever9/22/2011 9:21 PM

    Caitlin - I too am a special education teacher of 34 years this year.. You are so right..we never have a dull day..they are never exactly the same and every day is a celebration of success whether it is big or small. I love my job and would not trade it for the world!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from the crew!