Tuesday

Touch and Feel Picture Cards

A few weeks ago I was asked to review the Touch and Feel Picture Cards from Achievement Product. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but after receiving them, I like love them and so does my 2 year old. Each of these cards has a letter of the alphabet, a picture to go with the letter, the ASL sign for the picture, Braille for the letter and picture, plus something kind of tactile stimulation. Some cards are scratch and sniff, some fuzzy, some have a rough spot; the card for V even has strings the violin. The set also included a card that has all of the letters of the alphabet and the Braille to go with it. Both my 5 year old, A, and my 2 year old, B, like these, but I will say B is constantly taking them out. I have not even been able to take them to school yet to try them out with my student because B uses them everyday. He likes to sit with me so I can say each letter. He then repeats it and touches or smells the card. ( I was hoping to add a picture of him, but he is not cooperating tonight...) I am thinking I am going to have to buy another set so that I can take them into my classroom. I could see using these cards with my students who are nonverbal and learning the alphabet. I also thought about when we teach our Famous Americans unit that includes Helen Keller, these would be a great way for students to feel Braille first hand.
Click here to check out the Touch and Feel Picture Cards from Achievement Products. Also check out the rest of their site. They have a lot of neat stuff for younger students!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from the crew!