Friday

The many uses of duct tape

Have you discovered the colored and patterned duct tape yet? It comes in roll and sheets and there are SO many cute choices.   I think my favorite is the Paint Splatter Printed Duct Tape. I have posted before how I used duct tape to remodel a bookshelf (you can check that post out here), well I have also used duct tape for a variety of other things this year.  All of these uses were completed at the beginning of the year and I just took the pictures yesterday, so I feel it held up REALLY well to the mistreatment of K-2nd graders.  So this year I have used duct tape to cover a formula can, hold down a carpet, hold up a table cloth turned curtain and of course my remodeled bookshelf. I also used it to cover an can from cake frosting, but I couldn't locate that to take a picture.  I am sure I am going to find many more uses this summer when I start going through my classroom again.  I think I have some more shelves that could use some sprucing up.  Have you used duct tape on anything?  I would love to see! Please share pictures on the Learning Ahoy Facebook wall.







 Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love your ideas on the different ways to use the duct tape. I am definitely buying some next year to do some decorating in my classroom!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use duct tape to mark student spots in on the carpet. LOVE duct tape! I found your blog through TBTS and gave you a shout-out on my facebook page.

    I'd love for you to stop by sometime!
    Maria
    Kinder-Craze

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put duct tape of varying colors on the binder of different composition books. That way the red one is the ELA , the blue math. I thought it would be to "babyish" for middle school students. Of course then the gen ed students want to "tape-code" their books.

    Best use of duct tape. We read an article about the police finding an alligator in a local home. They duct taped the jaws closed to remove him. The article included a quote from a by stander aged 6. "Daddy, why are the police arresting the alligator?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I teach 5th grade Science and Social Studies and I use duct tape to color code all of my kids notebooks as well as create colored magnets for my storage lockers for their notebooks and textbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used duct tape this year as a border around an area that I painted. It sticks easy and looks great.I have also used it as border around bulletin boards, use to deorate boring boxes for storage, matte around a print, and as an outline for areas for the kids to line up in.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from the crew!