Saturday

Preventing the summer slide: Part 2 (Freebies!!!)

summer, learning, schoolLast year I wrote a post about Preventing the Summer Slide for TeachHub and included a calendar to give to your students for the summer. I have updated the calendar for 2017. (I think it looks much better!) I have also added a sheet for parents about ways to practice sight words at home.   You can find if for FREE at my Teacher's Pay Teachers store.

summer, learning, school

summer, learning, school





summer, learning, school, number

This year I am adding a few new things to my packet to send home to parents for the summer.  In addition to the calendar, stamped postcards, and list of websites that I have sent home in the past I am also going to send home sight word and number flashcards.  I made a new game called SPLASH!! So far I just have number recognition completed.  You can pick it up for FREE over at my TPT or Teacher's notebook store.  I am hoping to make a sight word version, but in case I do not get that done, I will be sending home a copy of my game Shipwrecked!


summer, learning, school





If you are looking for more ideas to help prevent the summer slide, I have started a pinterest board to collect  different items I have found. You can find that by clicking here.  While you are there follow some of my other boards so that you never miss anything new.  Also check out this blog post I wrote last year for the VA loves teachers blog!


I really hope that all of these added activities help my students retain the information they have worked so hard on learning this year.   I would love to hear about what you send home for the summer to help your students.  Please leave me a comment!



Photobucket
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

2 comments:

  1. I found you through the Manic Monday link up! I'll definitely be downloading this and storing it away in case I go back to teaching kinder.

    Amy @ The Littlest Superheroes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like it! Thank you for commenting!

      Delete

I love to hear from the crew!