Tuesday

New work boxes/tasks!: Letter Match

I have 3 new work tasks to share, but  spreading them out over 3 posts so I can build suspense (dun, dun, dun!).

The first one is a new uppercase and lowercase match I made.  What I love about this is I can use the same "Velcro board"  for different tasks.  For example I also made cards with various amounts of objects and students have to match the number. Of course I forgot to take pictures of that on!

So to make this, first I made the cards.  (If you would like them, leave me a comment! go to this link! ) then I took a side off of a box.  I used glue dots to attach 2 styrofoam containers to the end of the cardboard.  I then added Velcro strips.   
The student I am using this with picked up on it really quickly.  I am looking forward to figuring out other ways to use this board. Any suggestions appreciated!**Update:  The use of this board has been fantastic!! I have made additional cards to work on numbers, shapes, etc.  I ended up making a board for each of my students and then color coding cards so that it would be easy to identify the skill being work on**


Workbasket Wednesday at Autism Classroom NewsI am linking this post up with Autism Classroom News and Work Basket Wednesday.  I am super excited about this linky and hoping to get a lot of new ideas!!  Head over and check it out!!

12 comments:

  1. Roshanda Lewis-Wilturner4/06/2014 1:05 PM

    I would love this and the number set also because it looks awesome rllewiswilturner@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had been going great! I am hoping to make the number set in ether Ent few days so I will email it all over to you then!

      Delete
  2. Caitlin, I am trying this.. thanks for your reply on FB. My email is darerickson@bresnan.net. I'd love a copy of the alphabet !! This would be a great activity for numbers as well :) Thank you!! Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caitlin, thanks so much for linking up!! Off to pin this post!
    Chris
    Autism Classroom News

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checking in with you :-D
    rllewiswilturner@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally found the file!!! You should have received an email from me with it. If not, the link is posted above. Thank you!!! :)

      Delete
  5. Vhendricks@jisd.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally found the file!!! You should have received an email from me with it. If not, the link is posted above. Thank you!!! :)

      Delete
  6. Great idea to use Velcro! I would love a copy of there - perfect for one of my kiddos.
    ksmith@warren.k12.in.us

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally found the file!!! You should have received an email from me with it. If not, the link is posted above. Thank you!!! :)

      Delete
  7. I would love the cards to use in my classroom. Could you please send me a copy.
    My email is kellymetcalfe@shaw.ca

    Thanks,

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally found the file!!! You should have received an email from me with it. If not, the link is posted above. Thank you!!! :)

      Delete

I love to hear from the crew!