Sunday

Puffy snowmen

I saw a post on pintrest a few weeks ago about making puffy snowmen and decided I have to try that out. It was the easiest thing I have done with the kiddos in awhile. It addressed so many skills (fine motor, sensory, vocabulary, language, math....) and the kids enjoyed it. Although one of my little fellows kept licking his fingers. Ick! (This maybe because it was cooking Friday and although I addressed that we were not eating it, he felt like if it was cooking Friday then we must eat....)



 So here is what we did. The kids each took turns spraying some shaving cream into a bowl. Then we squeezed in some glue. They mixed it up (while singing out mixing song)and tada!!! Puffy paint like stuff. We used Popsicle sticks to spread it onto our pre-drawn snowmen, although I am sure using our hands would have been much more fun. We then used foam shapes to add details like eyes, a nose, mouth, and buttons. the kids make snow flakes by using a q-tip dipped in the shaving cream glue mixture and dotting it on their paper. Of course I forgot to take a picture of the completed project, but if I remember I will get one and add it to this post.   All in all, a fun project that came out super cute. Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love this! My class does it every year! So much fun :)

    - Sasha

    The Autism Helper

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from the crew!