Saturday

Preventing the summer slide!! (Freebie!!)




Did you know that a study done by  Harris Cooper, a psychology professor at Duke University, showed that children lose about a month of their academic achievement over the summer?  For students in special education (and really all students) this is HUGE!   One of my main goals for my students during the summer is to try to prevent regression of skills.   For the past few years I have been sending home my summer calendar along with some games that parents can play with their kiddos at home. 

I just finished updating the calendar for 2014.  You can find out more about it by checking out this blog post (and get your free copy!!).  Make sure you scroll down because there are two freebies the summer slide blog post.


 photo blogsignature2.png

2 comments:

  1. I update it yearly which is why it is not editable. I updated it this week, so check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a 2017 version? My kids loved it last year!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from the crew!